Monthly favorites - October 2014



After that one week of November already has passed, here's my October favorites! I have actually barely been home this week, and when I have it's already dark outside. Now I thought I couldn't wait any longer so inside artificial light it is (sorry!).
My four first favorites are all about the base. I got Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and Glam Glow Super Mud in the same haul - and they have made a big difference! First the Super Mud. I never believed the hype around this, could it really be that good and minimize pores, breakouts, spots, oil, in one treatment? Well, obviously it could. After using this and a heavy moisturiser my skin is baby soft and 75% more clear. But full size product for 449sek? Nah... I'll try some other treatments before I make that investment.
I actually already have two other Real Techniques brushes, the flat foundation brush and the blush brush. I like them both, but I think the foundation brush made my foundation a bit streaky. With the Expert face brush I have no problem with streakiness at all! I use it to really buff in my The Body hop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream in the shade Light. I haven't been pale enough for it until now, and even though it is a light coverage BB cream it is buildable to atleast a medium coverage. I'm not a fan of the tea tree smell, but since it keeps my combination skin matte all day I can live with it. On top of the BB cream I use my MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Light Boost, just to cover and highlight my dark circles, this also buffed in with the Exper face brush, all to give me the perfect quick everyday base.
And talking about everyday makeup, I usually go light with my mentioned base, powder, a little bronzer, brows and mascara. To make it look like I've made an effort when doing my makeup, I apply some bright or in-season vampy lipstick. My favorites? NYX Soft Matt Lip Creams in Copenhagen and Prague. Easy to apply, long lasting, and gorgeous colours. What more to ask for? Well, maybe Copenhagen could be slightly more opaque, but when I got them for 3 dollars, I can't really complain.

And last but not least, some Youtube faves this month:

My new youtube favorite, the cute and talented Mykie of Glam & Gore with a super cool frostbitten Elsa tutorial, and the lovely Linda Hallberg with a gorgeous fall inspired eyelook.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar